About YES BANK
YES BANK, India’s new age private sector Bank, is the outcome of the professional & entrepreneurial commitment of its Promoter & Founder, Dr. Rana Kapoor and his top management team, to establish a high quality, customer centric, service driven, private Indian Bank catering to the Future Businesses of India. YES BANK has adopted international best practices, the highest standards of service quality and operational excellence, and offers comprehensive banking and financial solutions to all its valued customers.
YES BANK has a focused knowledge driven approach to banking, and a superior customer experience for its retail, corporate and emerging corporate banking clients and is steadily evolving as the Professionals’ Bank of India with the long term mission of ‘Building the Best Quality Bank of the World in India’.
Since inception in 2004, the Bank has crossed many significant milestones that stand testimony to its Innovation and Excellence in creating a new paradigm in Indian Banking. At the beginning of Financial Year 2010-11, YES BANK embarked on an ambitious journey into the next phase of growth and launched YES BANK’s – Version 2.0, the most stimulating phase in the life cycle of the Bank with a vision of establishing 900 branches, 2000 ATMs, 12,750 employees, INR 125,000 Cr. Deposit base, INR 100,000 Cr. Loan book and a INR 150,000 Cr. Balance Sheet size by March 2015.
YES BANK has always emphasized on a Knowledge driven approach with the objective of focusing on Development, and being an ‘Employer of Choice’ for the brightest and Best Quality Human Capital available in the Top B-schools in India. The YES–PROFESSIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM (Y-PEP) program is one of YES BANK’s most innovative and institutionalized Talent Acquisition program on campus which is designed to arm participants with a repertoire of skills and experiences that are unique, valuable and hard to replicate to meet and support the Bank’s future growth plans and challenges. The role details are discussed in person with the candidates during the interview stage itself. The candidates also undergo an intensive on-boarding training program that focuses on key products and processes which helps them hit the ground running once they move into their respective units. Over the last 6 years, YES BANK has inducted over 700+ management professionals through the Y-PEP program.
The Y-PEP program has created an enviable talent pool for succession planning thereby further stimulating the growth ambitions of the Bank.
YES Bank says
“We are extremely pleased to partner FLIP Challenge for the 4th consecutive year. Over the last three years, the FLIP Challenge has consistently created new benchmarks, in identifying top notch Banking talent from B-Schools.
It is a unique platform, that provides students with an excellent opportunity – not just to hone & display their Banking Sector Knowledge, but also to surge ahead of the campus placement process and bag their dream roles with organizations like YES BANK!”
- YES BANK was recognized as the Best Private Sector Bank at the coveted Money Today – FPCIL Awards 2012.
- YES BANK was awarded the prestigious “Council for Fair Business Practices (CFBP) Jamnalal Bajaj Uchit Vyavahar
- Puraskar 2012”, in the Service Enterprises-Large category.
- YES BANK was awarded the “Performance Excellence Trophy” in the Service Category, at the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj
- National Quality Awards-2012. YES BANK won this recognition for the third consecutive year.
- YES BANK received the “Certificate of Commendation for Significant Achievement A” at the CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2012.
- YES BANK received the “Financial Institutions Syndicated Deal of the Year 2012” in the Asia Pacific Region, for its USD 155 million/ EUR 50 million Syndicated Loan. The recognition was conferred by Asia Pacific Loan Market Association.
YES BANK’s unique domestic remittance offering YES Money Remittance Service, won triple recognitions. It was awarded –
- YES BANK was conferred the Golden Peacock Global Business Excellence Award 2013 at the Dubai Global Convention on Business Excellence, in the Financial Services – Banking Category.
- YES BANK was recognized as the Best Managed Bank in India for the 3-Year Period, 2011-2013 at the Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards 2013 at Jakarta, Indonesia. At these awards, Rana Kapoor was also honored with the Asian Banker CEO Leadership Achievement Award for India for Achievements during the same period.
- YES BANK received four awards at the Institute Of Public Enterprise (IPE) BFSI and Corporate Excellence Awards including Best Bank in Private Sector, Best Employer Brand Award and Rana Kapoor being recognized as the CEO Of The Year.
Life at YES Bank
“After completion of PGDM at IIM Kozhikode, my three and half year stint at YES BANK till date has been nothing short of rewarding. Being part of the 1st YPEP Batch at YES BANK, every moment spent in this organization, whether it is formal/informal interactions with the top management including the MD & CEO or the daily dose of banking gained through management of transactions or tea break discussions with peers on how to innovate the product, has been an enriching learning experience. The continuous guidance from excellent and knowledgeable professionals around me and the sustained faith of the management in my capabilities has helped me in performing consistently and also winning the prestigious accolade of YES Champion – the CEO’s League of Excellence Award.”
“YES Bank provides tremendous opportunities to for each employee to learn, scale-up and grow. The organizational hierarchy is very flat which provides great visibility to even employees at a Junior level. The top management are very approachable and interacts continuously with respective teams for executing daily functions. At YES Bank, you can roll up your sleeves on Day 1 and get to the heart of each function. Learning here is quick, holistic and if one works here with an open mind, ready to grab everything that comes ones way, there is no stopping one from growing faster and growing sharper. This is one place that you can’t complain that you never got any opportunity! CARPE DIEM!! “ Tarun Sethi (Risk Management) IIM-Indore 2007″
“My journey at YES Bank has been truly remarkable. The work environment at YES Bank stimulates one to experiment and out-perform. Surrounded by bright and passionate people, with an entrepreneurial bent of mind, I just don’t realize how much I’ve been learning. The leaders trust you with responsibilities and groom for leadership positions. At YES Bank, you have an opportunity to achieve beyond just your responsibilities which allows you to grow as a person and as a professional banker.”
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage sales for Cash management & Trade Services across the spectrum of Bank’s clients in a select location.
- Meet and service cash management & trade related requirements of clients by liaising with operations/Product team
- Process Improvements and new Product Development ideas, to achieve incremental cross-sell/ increased share of wallet, to maintain highest service delivery standards
- End-to-end product ownership and management
Corporate & Institutional Banking
- To develop new businesses for the various offerings of the bank under the control and direction of President – Corporate & Institutional Banking/President – Multinational Relationship Management
- Be adept at financial analysis in context of the banking product being sold to the customer.
- Achieve bank’s objective in terms of earnings, assets liabilities, credit quality etc. as per agreed budgets/ targets from client relationship across all product groups.
- Generate revenue from sale of basic FX products to the bank’s clients, including Business Banking and SME clients;
- Execute client trades and keep track of their open positions and constantly advise the client on these positions on the basis of technical analysis, economic and fundamental research;
- Constantly engage with Financial Markets risk advisors, relationship managers and other product partners to leverage client relationship, deepen existing relationships and acquire new ones;
- Responsible for all OTD and transactional documentation for FX business undertaken with the Bank’s clients;
About the Company
HDB Financial Services Limited, is a Non Banking subsidiary of HDFC Bank. The NBFC is mainly into lending and insurance businesses.
G. Ramesh [Managing Director& CEO]: An IIM L alumnus [Batch 1992], Mr. Ramesh has over 17 years of experience. He has worked with Intelenet Global Services, HDFC Bank and GE Countrywide.
Key Business Areas
Key Business Areas:
- Lending – The Company offers a diversified portfolio which includes: Loan against property, gold, securities and shares, Construction equipeent, commercial vehicle and used car financing, personal and business loans.
- Insurance – It offers both life and general insurance. Under general insurance, it covers – home, vehicle, health, travel etc.
Lending is the company’s principle business, which has the highest contribution to the profits earned by company.
Key Financial Figures – The company’s total income (INR 963 crore) has increased by 123%, over the previous financial year (INR 432 crore). Its net profit (INR 432 crore) has doubled in the FY 2012-13, over the previous financial year (INR 51.11 crore)!
About the Company
IDBI Capital Market Services Ltd., (IDBI Capital), a subsidiary of IDBI Bank Ltd, is a leading Investment Banking & Securities Company.
Abhay L. Bongirwar [Managing Director & CEO] – A JBIMS alumus, Mr. Bongirwar has around 30 years of experience in IDBI Bank in project appraisal, investment banking, corporate banking.
Key Business Areas
IDBI Capital offers a full suite of products and services to Corporates, Institutional and Individual clients. The range of services include -
- Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
- Institutional Broking & Distribution
- Retail Broking & Distribution
- Fund Management
The services offered by its Investment Banking division includes Financial Advisory, Project Advisory, Corporate Advisory, Mergers and Acquisitions and Strategic Advisory
Mergers and Acquisitions is one of the key advisory areas of the Investment Banking unit. IDBI Capital’s M&A Advisory services covers right from the initial negotiation stage to the final deal conclusion.
About the Company
The IIFL Group is a leading financial services company in India servicing over 2 million customers, through almost 4,000 business locations.
Mr. Nirmal Jain [Chairman] – An IIM A alumnus and Chartered Accountant (2nd rank!), Mr. Jain is known for revolutionising stock transactions. He made all the research freely available on the internet – by launching www.indiainfoline.com – in 1999. This increased the company’s user base from hundreds to millions.
Key Business Areas
The group has a diversified business model that includes –
- Credit and Finance – This business has a diversified portfolio which includes – Home loans, Healthcare, equipment and commercial vehicle financing, etc. The lending business accounts for 68% of the group consolidated income.
- Wealth Management – This business unit is amongst the leading wealth management companies in India, with Assets Under Advice (AuA) of more than INR 40,000 crores.
- Capital Market Advisory – This unit pioneered internet broking in India and is the leading player in equity broking, in both – retail and institutional space. The equity broking business account for 13% of the group consolidated income.
- Investment Banking – Some of the key issues managed by this unit includes –
- QIP of Emami and Cilpa
- IPO of Talwalkars and Cox & Kings
- FPO of Power Grid
- Asset Management – The group launched its Mutual Fund business to offer niche products – A total of six schemes have been launched, so far. Total assets under management (AUM) stood at INR 3,271 million as on March 31, 2013.
Key Financial Figures – The company has a track record of uninterrupted profits and dividends since listing. It recently reported all time high income of INR 26.65 bn and PAT of INR 2.79 bn.
Key Achievements –
- IIFL’s Wealth Management subsidiary bagged the award for ‘Best Wealth Management House – India’ by The Asset Triple A 2012.
- Awarded as Best Broking House with global presence 2011 & 2012 by D&B.
About the Company
Religare Finvest Limited (RFL) is an NBFC, focusing on small and medium enterprises (‘SME’) financing and retail capital market financing. RFL offers a diversified and broad suite of lending products to SMEs and retail customers.
RFL is a subsidiary of Religare Enterprises Limited (‘REL’), a diversified financial services company.
Company Vision:‘To set the standards of excellence, by which others are measured in the Commercial Finance Industry’.
Through its reach and focus on the SME segment and a broad product offering, RFL provides the debt capital to power the growth of the small and medium enterprises, which , RFL believes, are the backbone of India’s economy.
RFL lending products, which are primarily aimed at providing financing to the SME segment include:
- Loan against Property
- Loan against Marketable Securities
- Working Capital Loans – Secured & Unsecured
RFL retail capital market financing products include:
- Loan against Securities
- Employee stock option funding
Religare Enterprises Limited, the parent company, offers a diversified range of financial services and products across different platforms, including equity and commodity broking, lending, online trading, investment banking, institutional equities, private client brokerage, wealth management, asset management, portfolio management services, investment advisory services, life insurance, health insurance, providing integrated solutions to financial services needs across a diversified class of customers.
REL’s diversified service platform has been designed to allow entities within the Religare Group to leverage relationships, thereby increasing our ability to cross-sell products and services.
RFL was incorporated on 6th Jan, 1995 as Skylark Securities Pvt. Ltd. After further name changes and conversion to a public limited company, the name of the company has been changed to Religare Finvest Ltd.
2006: Started Capital Market finance business
2008: Founder professional management team members occupied office, commenced SME Lending business
2009: Acquired Maharishi Housing Development Finance Corporation (now Religare Housing Development Finance Corporation– RHDFCL) and by Nov’09 disbursed total loans of INR 10 billion, in just over 12 months of operations
2010: Acquired part of Citigroup India’s mortgage portfolio, with a book size of INR 4.7 billion in July’10. Crossed book size of INR 40 billion in SME Lending & crossed book size of INR 30 billion in capital market finance
2011: INR 1.5 billion of capital infusion by private equity (PE) firm Avigo Capital. INR 2 billion of capital infusion by PE firm, Jacob Ballas. Successfully raised INR 7.6 billion, via a public bond offering
2012: Secured BSI’s ISO 9001:2008 certification for CPU, IT and Customer Services Team.
“We are pleased to partner with FLIP in this unique initiative, which provides recruiters as well as candidates, a platform to come together and engage in a meaningful manner.”
Life at RFL
Tej Inder Singh, Relationship Manager – “Working with RFL over the past 2.5 years has been challenging. I have discovered the freedom to manage work in my individual way. The opportunity to interact with other teams on a variety of matters has helped me build my understanding about various processes and develop valuable multi-tasking skills, while working with a diverse set of people. The culture of striving and contributing is firmly embedded in RFL. Individual development is a thrust area, while also maintaining focus on progress as a team.”
Udit Sharma, Manager (Credit Analysis)–“The best thing about working at Religare Finvest is the opportunity to experiment and carve out your role owing to the flexibility available in a growing organization. Building and honing the right skills is the emphasis at RFL – an organization that thrives on a performance-oriented culture and a culture of recognition. My bosses have ensured that I have a holistic learning curve and have suitable opportunities to develop, commensurate to my performance and skills.”
Roles and Responsibilities
Treasury Manager :
- Manage cash operations for the organization for all intra-group and external payments and collections.
- Daily funds position management including tracking all flows, funds transfer etc.
- Tracking Margin positions with the exchange.
- Manage Short Term Investments for liquidity management.
- Handling banking relationship of the company/corporate and dealing with bankers on day to day basis for fund movement, banking etc.
Credit Manager :
- Responsible for Credit Appraisal and underwriting of files, as per the credit policy of the company, with opportunity in structured financing.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts, including recommendations for resolution.
- To ensure portfolio quality for the product in the location, while maintaining the service levels to the customer.
- Adherence to the policy/process laid out by the Central team, on all applications being processed.
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines.